Thursday, June 28, 2012

Intro to my Vegan Kitchen, The Tools!!

Above is a video where I show the products that we own. Some are overkill, some are underkill.

VitaMix 5200 for
blending. Paid like $400 or $450. As powerful as a lawnmower. I think our model is overkill, so don't get anything higher up. Most of them over $400 have the same engine, but they find ways to charge up to $600 for worthless features and more dials. I wish I had one with fewer dials. I did spend $50 more for stainless steal. I bought it at Whole foods when they were having a "show" and got a $50 discount. Also people
buy them at Costco.
If I could do it again, I would get the lower model. Less switches and just as powerful. Vitamix 1782 and I would get it "refurb/used" IF Amazon Warehouse is selling it for $322. I think they scratch boxes on purpose to have an excuse to sell it for under the retailer mandated price.

Breville BJE510XL IKON 900 Watt Juicer. We got a refurb (looked new) for $180. If I would do it again, I would get the model BELOW it because it is smaller: Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt (featured in FatSickAndNearlyDead.com) Almost the same power, smaller head and only a Li and Hi vs the annoying 5 speed fanciness. Or I would get the cheaper Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain, which we got for my wife's mom and she loves it. It is even SMALLER on the countertop, but requires a mid-juice cleaning out IF you are doing massive quantities in one juice. Also Carrot juice my take 10 seconds instead of 6, big woop.

Magic Bullet, (can't easily slush ice or frozen fruit though). Super easy to clean and great for on the go. Some like the big brother the NutriBullet, but at $140... hum dunno about that.

Dehydrator Excalibur. We bought the 5 shelf model. It has been at full capacity every night. It is pretty loud and needs to be on for 8-14 hours, so we had to find another place to put it like the laundry room. Getting the 9 level isn't a bad idea. The link above is to the 5 level Amazon model. I actually bought one on refurb from Ebay from the company. The only difference was a built in timer, which is REALLY nice, but not available on Amazon or anywhere but the maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment